Summer beating your A/C up? Hillside will be in your corner so you can beat the heat.
GET COOLER, HEALTHIER AIR with a BRAND NEW A/C UNIT
Need a New Air Conditioning System? Take advantage of our Summer Air Conditioning Specials.
- 0% Financing,
- $250 Instant Rebate, and
- FREE Wi-Fi thermostat upgrade with the purchase of a new installation or replacement.
Learn more about our A/C Sales and Installation for New Castle County, DE, Chester County, PA, and Cecil County, MD residents.
27 Questions you should ask your A/C Sales Contractor
Be sure to ask your DE, PA, or MD HVAC tech the following:
- What kind of cooling system should we get: Central Air, Heat Pump, or Ductless?
- What size air conditioner do I need to properly cool my home?
- How do you determine the size of the A/C unit needed?
- Is the ductwork big enough to handle the amount of air produced by the new A/C?
- What is the condition of my ductwork and can it be used?
- Are there any air leaks in my ductwork?
- Is your company licensed, bonded, and insured?
- Is the new system energy efficient?
- What is the SEER Rating?
- Can I expect a decrease in my utility bills?
- What brands do you offer, and why do you prefer those brands?
- How will the hot rooms in my home be corrected?
- Are there new technologies I should consider (e.g. ductless system, wi-fi thermostats, zoning, etc..)?
- What type of filter will I need?
- Is the wire size inside the fusebox big enough to handle the new A/C?
- Will the circuit breakers for the A/C need to be replaced?
- Is my electrical wiring to the A/C safe and compliant?
- Will you pull the necessary Mechanical and Electrical Permits?
- What is the timetable for the installation, from start to finish?
- Do you haul away the old unit (if any), and is that included in your fee?
- Is clean-up included and will the work area (ductwork, walls, flooring) be finished as they were before the work commenced?
- What kind of guarantee does your company make on the installation?
- What is the guarantee on the unit?
- Is a service contract included or available?
- What are the payment terms?
- Does your company or the manufacturer offer financing?
- Are there any rebates or tax credits available for installing a new system?
WHY UPGRADE YOUR A/C SYSTEM?
Upgrading to a new air conditioning system can impact your health and happiness in many ways including:
- Efficiency Upgrade: A new A/C System provides you complete control over your home’s temperature and humidity. Be comfortable from summer to summer while using up to 50% less energy than your older unit.
- Energy Savings: A new high-efficiency A/C system that has been properly measured and installed can you save up to 20% on your energy bills.
- Comfort Upgrade: A new A/C system will properly manage the heat and moisture level in your home for a more comfortable environment.
- Air Quality Upgrade: A new A/C system will reduce pollen, dust, mold, bacteria and other pollutants.
- Healthier Living: A new A/C system may reduce health effects that older units may cause including eyes, nose, and throat irritation, headaches, dizziness, and fatigue. It has been shown that pollutants can cause diseases that show up much later, such as respiratory diseases.
- Reduced Noise: A new A/C system will operate significantly quieter than your older unit.
- Increased Home Value: Recent studies concluded that Energy Star homes sell almost three months faster than conventional homes at a higher sales price and a higher price per square foot.
CHOOSING THE WRONG A/C CONTRACTOR CAN COST YOU BIG.
Your air conditioning system is old and you’re rather not deal with repair costs again this year. You want to reduce your utility bills. You want clean, fresh air for your family. These are great reasons to replace your A/C unit.
Now, you have to choose the right A/C installer in DE, PA, or MD. Because your heating and cooling system is one of the most complex systems installed in your home, your HVAC service provider must be well-trained in dealing with all installation factors from electrical wiring, refrigerant, combustion systems, and airflow through heating ducts. Safety for your home is critical. Your A/C installer must understand the proper operation of home ventilation and exhaust systems when working on your home to ensure that our HVAC system properly installed.
How To Choose The Right A/C Contractor.
License, bonded and insured: Be sure your heating and cooling contractor meets the minimum education and on-the-job experience requirements in order to be licensed to work in the heating and cooling industry.
- References: A professional heating and air conditioning company should have a list of recent customers you can contact in order to verify that the company performed the work in a timely manner and to the customer’s satisfaction. See what customers are saying on their Facebook page, Google Reviews or their testimonial pages.
- Rebates: Depending on the type of home heating or cooling equipment you’re installing or upgrading, your project may qualify for rebates. Be sure to ask about what incentives are available for your project.
- Maintenance contracts: If you’re hiring an HVAC company for maintenance or having new equipment installed, enrolling in a service company’s service contract program may give you added peace of mind. Maintenance contracts are just that, a contract that ensures your HVAC system is serviced regularly by the company.
Reputation and experience: Hillside Oil Heating & Cooling is a full-service Heating Oil Delivery, Heating, and Air Conditioning, and Commercial Fuel company for both commercial and residential customers in New Castle, Delaware, Cecil County, Maryland, and Southern Chester County, PA. We are family owned and operated for over 65 years. Hillside’s BBB Accredited Business rating is an A+ and had been awarded The Torch Awards for Ethics.
FREE A/C ESTIMATE
Schedule a FREE in-home A/C estimate with Jerry.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Verified customer reviews